Pöyry Management Consulting provides leading-edge consulting and advisory services covering the entire energy value chain. Our energy practice of 200 specialists, located across 14 European offices in 12 countries, comprehensively covers the electricity, gas, renewables and emissions sectors and offers unparalleled expertise in the rapidly changing energy sector. We place strong emphasis on the quality and independence of our advice and are widely respected internationally. We advise governments, regulators, banks and the full range of energy market participants, from niche players to some of the largest energy companies in the world. Our detailed understanding of energy markets allows us to advise our clients on how best to succeed and help policy makers and regulators design markets that work. In particular, we deliver pragmatic solutions and ideas which help our clients best meet their objectives and to support this with application of our market leading expertise in intricate modelling of complex market behaviour. Particular strengths brought to the project are:
- Delivering projects addressing electricity markets and their interaction with electricity networks at pan-European level
- Equal depth of expertise across the entire electricity sector value chain, from generation to the consumer
- Strong understanding of technical, economic, financial and regulatory issues which impact on European electricity markets and networks
- Extensive experience of delivering important strategic projects shaping future energy policy and market developments at national and pan-European level.
Main contributions to the project:
- Key input to development of a coherent pan-European energy market scenarios up to 2050, and effective pan-European power market simulation under work package 2.
- Lead dissemination of project and its findings to key stakeholders in the UK & Ireland at dedicated workshops/seminars and in wider industry conferences under work package 9.