The e-Highway2050 project consortium brings together the expertise of partners from academia, industry, research and society in general across Europe. The combined effect of the pan-European cooperation between transmission system operators, companies, universities, research institutions, energy associations and an NGO facilitates a unique concentration of expertise in the field of transmission system expansion and the integration of renewable energies. A total of 28 partners throughout Europe are cooperating on e-Highway2050 via nine different work packages, which, in turn, are networked with numerous third-party partners. RTE, the French transmission system operator, is responsible for the management of the consortium.
This interactive figure will lead you the different contributors of the consortium:
The cooperation and outcome of the project is controlled by the Steering Committee, comprising the coordinator and the WP leaders. Overall decisions are made by the General Assembly, composed of all project partners, including the coordinator, work package leaders and members of the work packages (‘third parties’). There are also three external committees responsible for the proper implementation of the project: The Electricity Highways Stakeholder Platform as the ‘Advisory Board’, the Scientific Advisory Panel focused on R&D issues and the Monitoring Body, consisting of ENTSO-E members.
- Work Package 1: Setting the boundary conditions for 2020-2050 grid planning (SINTEF)
- Work Package 2: Developing grid architecture options as a function of the retained scenarios for 2050 (Amprion)
- Work Package 3: Technology portfolio to meet the 2050 scenarios (TECHNOFI)
- Work Package 4: Modular development and operations (REN)
- Work Package 5: Electricity Highways governance models (ELIA)
- Work Package 6: Socio-economic profitability of the tentative grid architectures (RSE)
- Work Package 7: Stakeholder Involvement (dena)
- Work Package 8: Enhanced Pan-European Transmission Planning Methodology (RTE)
- Work Package 9: Dissemination of the project results (ENTSO-E)
- Work Package 10: Project Coordination and Management (RTE)